Palominas Fire District"Rural, Responsive, & Proud"
Congratulations to Tommy Stoner, Valerie Rice, & Robert Montgomery – our newly re-elected board members!
(Click image to view Fire Board)
Principles of Modern Fire Attack hosted by Palominas Fire District & Sonoita-Elgin Fire District
Cochise County Alerts
Sign up to receive emergency alerts and severe weather warnings that could directly impact you and your family.
Ready, Set, Go!
Ready, Set, Go! is a nationwide program adopted by the 15 Arizona Sheriffs that educates residents about proactive measures to take before an emergency and actions to follow when communities are threatened.AC
MAJOR ARIZONA INCIDENTS
- Tunnel Fire (Wildfire)on May 24, 2022 at 6:50 pm
- Elgin Bridge Fire (Wildfire)on May 24, 2022 at 4:31 pm
- Crooks Fire (Wildfire)on May 18, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- San Rafael Fire (Wildfire)on May 15, 2022 at 4:14 pm
- Tunnel Fire BAER (Burned Area Emergency Response)on May 7, 2022 at 1:00 pm
- Locklin Fire (Wildfire)on April 30, 2022 at 11:08 pm
- Kaibab NF South Zone Rx Fire (Prescribed Fire)on April 1, 2022 at 10:18 pm
We are accepting applications for career and volunteer!
Come join our Team. We are accepting applications for the following positions:
- Career Engineer-Paramedic or EMT
- Career Firefighter-Paramedic or EMT
(Recruit Firefighter-Paramedics must hold a current AZ or NREMT Paramedic Certification. The Palominas Fire hosts a Firefighter I & II Academy internally at least once a year. The recruits in the Fire Academy receive a Firefighter I & II Certification through the Arizona Center for Fire Service Excellence upon completion.)
See Employment Page for more information on Volunteer Positions.
The Palominas Fire District provides young adults with the chance to earn money towards college, receive assistance through funding programs, and possibly earn a paying position while attending courses required to obtain a career position within the fire service. The Palominas Fire District hosts internal Emergency Medical Technician Courses, Arizona Firefighter I& II Academies, NWCG Wildland Courses, and TEEX Hazardous Materials courses. Personnel enrolled in these programs get the chance to be assigned to a career crew to work side by side career firefighters during assigned shifts. The personnel enrolled in these programs get the chance to earn valuable real world experience while going to school to earn their certifications for a future career in the fire service.
To Enroll, you must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age with a valid High School Diploma or GED
- Be able to pass a background check , drug screen, and OSHA respirator exam
- Submit a finger print card for a DPS check
- Have a valid Arizona Driver’s License
Applicants for all positions must complete the following:
Submit a completed application with resume & cover letter to the Administration Office
For Emergencies please dial 911